Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My 175lb. Dog which is 10 has got stomach blot 8

Customer Question

My 175lb. Dog which is 10 has got stomach blot for about 8 days. No money what can I do at home please help. God bless Jeff
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern. Dogs typically do not have stomach bloat for several days in a row...So, I am not confident whatever diagnosis your vet has given is accurate. However, if you have not been to a vet, you need to at least go for an examination. Even if not able to do any testing, the exam is very important, so the vet can do a abdominal palpation. Stomach bloat for 8 days without severe consequences including stomach torsion (when the stomach twists) doesn't really happen.
To help with gas in the stomach, you can give some over the counter "Gas-X". The product is called Gas-X like people take. It's generic is called Simethicone. You can give 2 capsules every 12 hours until the vet visit.
Otherwise, if the stomach appears distended to you, there may be something else going on in the belly to cause a bloat appearance. Very sorry to hear about the problem Jeff. Good Luck!