Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Dr. Beth, Im Dr. Lawford well I had to retire from knee

Customer Question

hi Dr. Beth, Im Dr. Lawford well I had to retire from knee replacement. Unlike you I worked with tigers and poisonous snakes. I'm just trying to a start with a Golden Retriever Pup. Now 6 months old she has something I have never seen, not even at the zoo. My first might be Conjunctivitis, but then something happened and I noticed redness around upper and lower lip. Never saw one case at the zoo working with the big cats, this is a mystery tome because I'm exotic. First it was the eyes, I knew that could be Pink eye. 1 day later now she has this redness on upper and lower, and started after the eyes. I'm a little perplexed because I have never seen this at any animal at the zoo or even a dog. So Dr.to Dr. what am I not seeing, and how did this come about?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr., can you upload a photo of your pup's face to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
I'm suspicious that you're seeing evidence of demodectic mange. Please note that dogs don't suffer from pink eye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Dr. Beth, Im Dr. Lawford well I had to...
Dr. Lawford, you've inadvertently posted your initial question once again. Please see my response to that question above your last post.