Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My 16 yr old min pin fell down some steps now has a lump on

Customer Question

My 16 yr old min pin fell down some steps now has a lump on his ribs but doesn't seem to bother him, just trying to find out what I need to do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Hunter has been injured. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help.
If he has a lump on his ribs after falling the best thing to do would be to have the vet check him over and possibly do some blood work to make sure that one of the ribs have not been broken.
I would also discontinue the use of the aspirin. I say this because a lump after a fall can also be due to bleeding that is causing a hematoma and should this be the case aspirin can cause serious complications.
At home treatment would be difficult to recommend at this point without knowing for sure what the lump is. If possible I would suggest having your vet take a look at him as soon as possible.
I hope this helps and this is nothing serious. Please do not hesitate to reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.
If you have no additional questions please take the time to provide a rating to close out the question. Closing the question does not mean that you can not come back for follow up as the question is always open to you. It simply closes it on my end so I can assist other pet owners. I strive to provide excellent service so please reply back if I can be of additional assistance.