Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My chocolate lab 2 yes old has not been really eating -3

Customer Question

My chocolate lab 2 yes old has not been really eating for 2-3 days. This evening he is just laying around won't really do anything. He has been peeing and had a bowel movement today. No ticks no fever and just drank water..still won't eat. One festival appears to be larger than the other..I'm worried to death..your thoughts please..also when he was 7 months old he had to have 1 kidney removed..all has been great since..all shots up to date and heartworm pills given as prescribed. Please help!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I understand how concerned you are but his symptoms of lethargy and inappetence aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. I believe "festival" was meant to be testicle. If so, it's not unusual for one to be larger than the other. I understand that you didn't come to the site to be told that he needs to see his vet but inappetance for 3 days dictates that his vet perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests. I'm concerned that his remaining kidney might not be working up to snuff but that's only conjecture at this time.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Hi Paula,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Paula Thurston. How is everything going?