Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog usually breaks apart sticks and branches without injury

Customer Question

My dog usually breaks apart sticks and branches without injury or sickness. I found an old branch on a walk that would be particularly fun for her but there is some white "mold" on one end of one of the branches. Could this pose a risk for her mouth? Like I said, she doesn't swallow the twigs she snaps off.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI, this is DR J and I would be happy to help you with this. I would definitely not allow your dog to have anything that has mold on it or in it especially since we do not have any way of knowing how toxic it is. Even if she does not ingest the sticks she could still ingest whatever is on the stick so I would trash that one. Maybe you will find a better one later! Please let me know if you have any further questions as I will be back online tonight and will get back to you if you have further concerns or questions. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see if you had any further questions.....will check back tomorrow. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any additional help? I will check back tonight to see if you have further questions. Most Sincerely, DrJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. J.