Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My miniature schnauzer has a small bump on the inside of his

Customer Question

My miniature schnauzer has a small bump on the inside of his eyelid. It isn't causing him any discomfort but I'm still concerned about it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Dr J and I will be happy to help you with this. There are several things this could be but the only way to know for sure is to have it removed via a surgery called a v-lid resection. Then the mass should be sent to a pathologist for evaluation. Some of these eye-lid masses are small benign tumors that just sit on the lid and bother the cornea. They are not really terribly bothersome to the pet but they do constantly rub the cornea. Occasionally these masses can be malignant but this is much more rare.
It is always a good idea to get them removed before they get very big because they can become too big too remove without sacrificing eyelid margin which can be a problem for keeping the cornea lubricated.
Please do let me know if you have any questions at all about anything I have said or any additional questions. I will be back online tonight and will check back with you then. You can leave any additional questions or concerns here.Most Sincerely, DrJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to see if you needed further help. I will check back in am. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
just checking back with you to see if you needed any additional help.
Most Sincerely, DrJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. J.