Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My poodle has the scabs on her, when I work on them she like

Customer Question

my poodle has the scabs on her, when I work on them she like it, she has every had this problem, I had some of those warts to off and after that she start getting them scabs why
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

Is she on any medications?

How long have you been noticing them?

Does she have any health issues you're aware of?

When was the last time she had blood work done at the vet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no she isn't on any medications, for a about 2 months, no that aware of,when she had those warts remove 3 months ago

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO SHE ISNT ON MEDICATIONS, FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS, NO SHE DONT HAVE ANY ISSUE THAT IM AWARE OF, SHE HAD BLOOD WORK ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO WHEN THEY TOOK THOSE WARTS OFF, THIS ALL START RIGHT AFTER THAT, I TOOK HER BACK CAUSE HER FUR TOOK ALONG TIME TO COME BACK, SHE HAD HER SHOOTS A MONTH AGO AND I SHOW THEM SCABS THEY DIDNT SAY ANYTHING JUST USE MEDICATE SHAMPOO AND THATS ALL, I HAVE ALWAYS USE BABY WASH ON HER I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS UNTIL THOSE WARTS WAS REMOVE,

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

I'd start by asking the vet if they tested her thyroid when they did the blood work. It's not part of a 'normal' preanesthesia panel, so unless they had cause to worry that there was a thyroid problem, they wouldn't have tested for it.

It's not uncommon for a dog with a thyroid problem to not have any problems until their immune system gets compromised...like through surgery. There's no real way to know which dogs will develop the problem, so they may not have known there was a probelm.

That's where I'd start....I suspect it'll come back that she's got a little problem there. Then it's just some medication to correct things, and the scabs will go away.

I hope this helps.