Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My female mixed breed 10 to 12 yr old dog has started following

Customer Question

My female mixed breed 10 to 12 yr old dog has started following me and my husband step for step and shivering/panting for hours every night. Storm coming? Pain? I do not walk her as she is not trained at all. (We brought her from our ranch where she and another dog were abandoned by their owner. But she's been here 1 1/2 yrs.) Most of the time she is fine, but for the last few days.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am so sorry to hear your girl has you worried. I apologize that no one helped you sooner. Different experts come on at different times and I just signed in and saw your question.
If you still need assistance could you please answer the following questions for me'
How is she doing today?
Do this odd behavior only happen at night?
Is she eating and drinking normally and at what times does she eat her last meal?
Any other changes you have noticed such as weight loss, increased appetite or increased drinking?