Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 5 yr old ny pit just got returned to me and is crying when

Customer Question

My 5 yr old ny pit just got returned to me and is crying when he tries to poop. She said she took him to a vet and he had twisted intestines. I just want him to feel better and stop cryin
Category: Dog
Expert:  VetTechErin replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you with your question about your dog.
I'm sorry that he seems to be having so much trouble. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering them.
Has he been able to produce poop when he squats, or is he straining to poop when he does?
When the person took him to the vet and he was diagnosed, what treatment options were offered?
Is he showing other signs like vomiting or trying to vomit, or a lack of willingness to eat or drink?
How long has this been going on?