Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog ate my 1000 vitamin E capsule 5 minutes ago . He weighs

Customer Question

My dog ate my 1000 vitamin E capsule 5 minutes ago . He weighs 9 lbs.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome,My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am in a very different time zone to you and have have just come online first thing this morning and found your question. 1. Good news, there is no real toxic level for Vitamin E in dogs, even when they swallow very large amounts it is not poisonous to them and will not cause a problem unlike some of the other vitamins. You can confirm this HERE 2. You may perhaps see some mild transient diarrhoea because of the other ingredients such as oil in the capsule but that's about it.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.