Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I just asked a question about my dog Firecracker & paid $19 but did no

Customer Question

I just asked a question about my dog Firecracker & paid $19 but did not get an answer.
I returned home this evening and it looked like my dog had just thrown-up. I gave him a rawhide
before I left this am but it appears he did not eat it. There was bright red blood drops on his pee
pad and he had a soft dark stool. Within 30 minute he threw up again - no more blood - but his
nose is cold and he appeared ok. He is shaking like he is cold but is otherwise ok. Maintenance was in the apt earlier in the bathroom and he was in his crate in the den - i let him back in his bathroom at
lunch when I came home & left.
Does this sound like poison, should I rush to a vet or just monitor. I just paid with my Visa ending in 3310
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, i'm not seeing an answer & it's been nearly an hour & now I have to do something - he can't poop & more blood droplets; I will not pay you for nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no email not even in spam either
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.
So, your dog was fine this morning? Does he usually get rawhides? Was this a new batch of rawhides?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ann - your response did not show until several hours later & I had to take him to an Emergency Clinic. At the hour mark I responded that there had been no response or answer & I had to do something. Perhaps a glitch with this website. It's after midnight and I am finally getting back. By the time I loaded him up to go it had been an hour and ahalf and no response. I'm sorry, I will ask that this not be paid. 3 people said they were responding asap - nothing, you are the only one that finally sent a response but much too late - I spent $300 at the emergency clinic.
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry... some times of day are busier for us than others, and depending on how many of us are online at a given time sometimes we just can't get to all the questions right away. I am glad you took your dog to the ER and sought treatment. I will submit your question for refund. Since satisfaction is always guaranteed and you will be refunded your money, please think of us next time you have an issue, because most of the time questions are answered within 10 minutes. Take care.