Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Lisa we just adopted a 6 week ild puppy from the shelter,

Customer Question

hi lisa we just adopted a 6 week ild puppy from the shelter, whenwe got her home we tried to feed her and she wouldnt eat. Over the past 24hrs she vommited a few times but is drinking water and i havebeen giving her pedialyte. She had one diarrhea stool and early this morning she had another stool but this time it was a little runny but also had soft stools come out. she is alert and will walk around, she does sleep, but i have tried wet dog food,dry dog food also baby food. i have even tried a milk supplement for young puppies. what could be wrong? could it be her change in environment. i would love some help.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thanks for requesting me! Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.... Are you feeding her the same thing she was getting with her litter?How long have you had her now?Do you know if they gave her any vaccines?Have you had puppies in the past?Do you have other dogs?