Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My dog is 15 pounds & just ate one multivitamin of mine - it

Customer Question

My dog is 15 pounds & just ate one multivitamin of mine - it has vitamin d & niacin & iron in it - is this ok or Should we go to a animal hospital vet is closed on Sunday
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Lola has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help. Vit D and iron can be toxic if ingested in large amounts, however one time ingestion of a multivitamin would not be of concern. While some vitamins and supplements can be toxic it would take a much higher amount then what is in a single vitamin.We would be concerned if he were eating these everyday. Now he may experience some mild digestive upset including vomiting and or diarrhea but this should be self limiting and resolve on its own. I hope this helps ease your mind. Please reply back of you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. Please note that while you have placed a deposit with Justanswer I am not compensated for my time unless a rating of ok or higher is provided. I strive to provide excellent service so please do not hesitate to reply back if I can be of further assistance.