Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I don't think it is her anal glands that make her spin, since

Customer Question

I don't think it is her anal glands that make her spin, since her first time in heat her vulva is very large. When she spins the vulva is what she appears to be scratching.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me some time to type up your response. I hope you can be patient. How old is Tappy?Does there appear to be a bubble or tongue shaped piece of tissue coming from the vulva?When was her last heat cycle?Is she able to urinate normally?Does she scoot on the floor?Does she have any discharge?Are there any rice like object in her stool?Does she lick the vulva excessively?