VetTechErin
VetTechErin, Licensed Vet Tech
Experience:  Published author in veterinary medical journals and on the Veterinary Information Network with a focus in toxicology
24209094

Last night our dog vomited ten times mostly a lot

Customer Question

Hi Jane, last night our dog vomited ten times mostly a lot of bile the last few times.
He seems happy and playful and does not have a fever.
Our vet has suggested half meals of Royal Canine vet food for hypoallergenic dogs which he has been on for a while now
Also two tablets of Pan D enteric coated pantoprazole sodium tablets and Ondem A Ondaneston tablets for the tummy
Just checking if this os ok ?
Should we be looking for anything else ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  VetTechErin replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your question! Has Obi Wan slowed down with the vomiting, or is he still doing it? How much does he weigh, and what were the dosages of the pills?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he has stopped now
The dosage was low at 5mg only
Okay, both of those pills are something that can be used in veterinary medicine, and if he is an average-sized golden, this is not something that should cause adverse signs. Keep any eye on him for further signs of vomiting, lack of willingness to eat, abdominal pain, lethargy, etc. So long as he stopped vomiting on his own and is not continuing to show any other signs, he may not need to get in. Sometimes dogs will have a stomach bug or get into something that doesn't agree with them and causes them to vomit. Even food switches or sensitive tummies can cause them to vomit. If that is the case, he should improve and not start to show other signs. However, if he does start to worsen or signs start up again, it's a good idea to get him back in for a recheck.
Hi Neel,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Obi Wan Kanobe. How is everything going?

VetTechErin