Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Or female chow mix hair was trimmed short on her back side(sanitary

Customer Question

Or female chow mix hair was trimmed short on her back side(sanitary cut) now she doesnt want to go to the bathroom. She squats but quickly stands again. Any ideas?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.
When was this done?
Is there any razor burn or redness in the area?
Did she have any problems prior to this with her urine?
Have you had the urine tested?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi , it looks like you may be offline. Dogs can get razor burn when they are shaved which would cause her discomfort. I would also be concerned that there may be a urinary tract infection that makes her fell the need to go but she does not really have to.What I would do is if she is not on any NSAIDS such as Rimadyl, then I would try giving her an asprin for any pain of the area. I would also put some antibiotic cream (one without zinc oxide) or some cortisone cream for dogs on the area. Have her wear an E collar (cone) so she cannot lick the area. The reason I suspect she may have an infection is because sometimes these razors are not cleaned very well and this can cause bacteria to enter the urinary tract when there is a close shave.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
If you have any further questions please feel free to come back.