Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Again I'm the owner of a dog called jasper my name is

Customer Question

Hi again I'm the owner of a dog called jasper my name is ***** ***** got a little ***** ***** called jen. She's 10 she keeps really tearing an her ears they get really crusty and sore don't know what to do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.
Is she scratching at them?
Are they raw and bleeding?
For how long has it been going on?
Have you had a skin scraping done to determine it is mites causing this?
What have you tried so far?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I see you have gone offline and I will be going off shortly for a while as well. I think it is worth getting a skin scraping done to determine if there is mites present.
To stop her from scratching the area use an E collar or comfy cone so you can at least keep the area clean and apply ointment so she cannot scratch making it worse. You can use any triple antibiotic cream from the drug store as long as it does not contain zinc oxide
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jen. How is everything going?
Sally G.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sally thanks for getin back to me. Jen has drops we started on her it's early days to say weather there working. She's not scratched as bad. Kind regards Ann
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for letting me know, and it is good she is not scratching as bad as she was before:) please keep me posted