Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

Hello! My border collie/ husky mix has suddenly gotten very

Hello! My border collie/ husky mix has suddenly gotten very lazy. She sleeps all day and doesnt seem interested in her food but eats reluctantly after being told to eat several times. She has been neutered since she was a pup and is now 2 years old. Should I be concerned? She has been this way for 2 days now.
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear about Sohara. From your description she definitely sounds like she is a little under the weather. I would not be too concerned if you can still get her to eat some and as long as she is drinking water. She most likely has a little "cold" or "flu" that is making her feel bad and just like us may take a couple days to get over. So keep encouraging her to eat and drink so she has nutrition and stays hydrated. Also you can give her some pepcid AC, 1 tablet twice a day. this will help settle her tummy if there is any stomach upset. Just to make sure of it. If vomiting or diarrhea occur then I would have her seen by your vet. Or if she stops eating or drinking for more than 24 hours. The other thing just to make sure is to take her temperature if you can. Use a digital thermometer with some lubricant and take her temp rectally. Under 102.5 is normal. Above is a fever. If she has a fever it may take a couple days again to get over and again as long as she is eating and drinking its not huge concern. But again have her seen if that stops. I hope that helps and I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!