Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

Hi, there! My dogs eye was unusually teary for a little while.

Hi, there! My dog's eye was unusually teary for a little while. That's stopped, but now where the tearing ran there is a spot where her fur is gone and the skin is exposed and pink. Not bleeding, but... raw-looking? I've cleaned it with a warm washcloth and put some store-brand neosporin on, is this ok? Is it something more?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear Monster was having some trouble with his eye.

It is not uncommon for the hair around the eyes to become crusty, sticky or just fall out when the eye is running. The skin is often red and raw due to the area being wet, this can in some cases result in infection.

You did the right thing by cleaning the area with a warm cloth and applying the neosporin. I would due this 2-3 times per day.

If the area of hair loss becomes larger, more red or seems infected then I would have this looked at by your vet.

I hope this helps and Monster feels better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should I keep applying Neosporin?

Edit: Sorry, somehow I missed that in your answer. Nevermind!