Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

my chiwawa puppes are 2 weeks old. when and what do they need

my chiwawa puppes are 2 weeks old. when and what do they need from thje vet
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and how exciting! 2 week old chihuahua puppies are the cutest! The puppies are protected for the first couple weeks from their mothers immunity that she passes through the milk. They do not need their first vaccines until they are 6 weeks old. Then they will be examined and checked over for any other problems or concerns. Limiting their exposure to other strange dogs will limit the chance of picking any illnesses up. So I do not recommend taking them in unless they have to be seen for some kind of illness until they are 6 weeks of age. I hope this makes sense and I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!