Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave, Veterinarian
Experience:  21 years small animal general and emergency practice

I have a 5 month old puppy and all day yesterday he had diarrhea

I have a 5 month old puppy and all day yesterday he had diarrhea so my boss at work (I work at a dog daycare and boarding) told me to not feed him for 24 hours to settle his stomach and give him a Tylan. So I gave him a Tylan last night and this morning I fed him a little bit of I/D kibble and I/D wet and sprinkled a Tylan pill over the food, now my puppy hasn't made any sort of stool since 11pm last night and its now 9 pm. My boss says not to worry and that he'll go when he needs to go, but I can't help but worry.
Hello, and thanks for writing in.

Is Enzo acting normal, other than not producing any stool?

Is he straining or trying to pass stool but not able to pass any, or has he just not passed any (without even trying)?

Dr. Dave
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

His behavior is completely normal, when I took him into work today all he was doing was playing with the other dogs, even at home he is just good ol' Enzo aha.

He just hasn't tried to pass anything, when I take him out he just urinates and comes back inside.

Thanks for the additional information - that is helpful.
I agree with your boss. It sounds like Enzo is fine. When a dog has loose stool, and then is treated, it can take a couple days for the stool to firm up inside their intestines, and for them to actually pass any stool again. We get concerned when a dog is trying/straining to pass stool, but can't pass any. Since Enzo is acting fine, it will likely take another day or so for him to pass stool.
It sounds like you are a very caring and observant dog owner - that is great! Try to not to worry about your boy, just keep an eye on him, and he will likely be fine.

I hope this is helpful.
Dr. Dave