Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

Our miniature Schnauzer (18 lbs) is on 2 25mg tabs of Clindamycin

Our miniature Schnauzer (18 lbs) is on 2 25mg tabs of Clindamycin twice a day with food since wednesday in preparation for getting her teeth cleaned this coming Thursday. Tonight she was accidentally given a double dose. Can I assume she will be ok but that we might see some vomiting and diarrhea? Should we resume the normal dose in the morning with her food?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear Sophie has you worried.

You are absolutely correct in assuming she will be fine other then some possible vomiting.

It doubt this will cause diarrhea but it is possible. I would try not to worry she should be just fine.

I hope this helps ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks. XXXXX resume her normal dose in the morning?
You are very welcome and yes you can resume her normal dosing in the morning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You're awesome, Candy. Thank you so much. Made for a much easier evening not having to worry. And yes, she is acting like a normal Schnauzer Laughing

You are very welcome, Glad I was there to help . Give Sophie a good belly rub from me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have a great weekend....

You too.Laughing
Hi Bob,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sophie. How is everything going?