Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My 6 mo old extremely friendly morkie puppy was spayed 3 days

My 6 mo old extremely friendly morkie puppy was spayed 3 days ago. She has been gradually acting weird, unfriendly, and lethargic. When not in her crate she stands still and stares off.
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

I would wonder whether she's having these signs secondary to the e-collar use. I would try taking it off her. Most dogs don't need the e-collar on unless they're going after the incision. As long as she's not licking/ chewing at the incision, then she should not need it on. If you want to cover it with something, you can use a small t-shirt on her.

If she's still acting lethargic and spacey, it may be due to pain. In that case, I would have the vet who did the surgery recheck her and see if she's uncomfortable. They will also check her for a fever. If present, she may need some pain meds or antibiotics to get her back to normal.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.