Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

Hi Candy I bought the authorized airline crates from my pet

Hi Candy I bought the authorized airline crates from my pet transport company. He arrived with them lined with shredded office paper and I find it horrible. He said it is absorbent but I want to put a pet crate pad in like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nice-n-Cosy-Crate-Luxury-Mattress-Large/dp/B0048LQ3EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384455225&sr=8-1&keywords=Nice-n-Cosy+Dog+Crate+Luxury+Mattress%2C+Large%2C+93+x+57.5+cm and then on top of that perhaps place several absorbent puppy training pads to soak up urine. What do you advise. This is a long haul flight from Dublin to Boston and aXXXXXto the Dublin airport as well as a 1.5 hr drive from Boston to destination. There is a break only after the drive to Dublin.
Hello,That pad is great and is actually one that I use for my own pets when they fly. I cover the pad with 3 puppy pads one on top of the other so that is they do go I can easily pull out the top pad and the others are still there. Its much easier to pull out a wet pad with a cat in the carrier then to try to remove the cat and replace the pad when in transit.

I would use the pad rather then the paper