Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

my dog is a female pekingese 2 years old with 1 month pregnancy,

my dog is a female pekingese 2 years old with 1 month pregnancy, she have been having several diarreas during the night, how dangerous will be for her and the puppies if i treat her with metonidrazol 250mg/ just 1/2 a tablet??
Hi Sir or Madam,

My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I could not advise you to give any prescription drug to a dog without first informing your vet, but I would not give metronidazole to a pregnant female. The following page goes over metronidazole and the precautions.

I would try some canned pumpkin (not pie filling) or other form of adding fiber such as metamucil added to her food to help absorb excess fluid and firm up her stool. A stool sample should be taken to your vet to rule out parasites and protozoan infections. Worms are a more likely cause for the loose stools. The following site (about 3/4 of the way down) goes over what drugs are considered safe to give a pregnant female. However, I would still try and hold off on giving any medication to a pregnant female unless there is no other choice. Many vets will go ahead and deworm the last week of pregnancy.

I hope this information is helpful to you and you are satisfied with my response. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have .

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may go here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well. Please recommend me to your friends and family members if they have any problems with their dog as well. I would truly appreciate it.

Since there have been recalls on certain foods, please check the following site to be sure the food your animals eat is not affected. If it is affected, contact your vet as soon as possible. Have your dog seen if they have any symptoms.
Hi Hector,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jolie. How is everything going?