Theresa
Theresa, A Voice for Your Pet
Experience:  19+ years experience in small animal medicine
1484153

My dog just started sneezing and wheezing about a week and

My dog just started sneezing and wheezing about a week and a half ago. Should I be concerned as she never does this normally?

Theresa :

Is there any nasal discharge? Is she doing this all the time or at different times during the day?

Theresa :

Is she lethargic? Acting normal? Eating and drinking?

Customer:

She is not eating much or drinking much. She goes about 2 and a half days without eating and once 3 days. I would take her to the vet if this is something necessary to treat. I have not seen a nasal discharge. She has licked her feet more often. We have not put any chemicals down in the yard. She is an inside pet. She is small and weighs about 33 ilbs.

Customer:

She has been lying down more, also

Theresa, A Voice for Your Pet
Experience: 19+ years experience in small animal medicine
I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Unfortunately I do not know when this may be, as the professionals come on line as they are available. You don't have to stand by, you will get an email telling you when you have received a response. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille
If she wasn't having the other symptoms I wouldn't have been too concerned. However, with the other symptoms, lethargy, and not eating I am worried. She may have developed pneumonia or have another infection in her chest or around her sinuses and I suspect that fever may also be present. I would recommend a trip to the vet for chest radiographs and a possible ultrasound of the chest to evaluate the heart as well.

I do hope that things start improving for you two soon.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Theresa