Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Hello, my dog just had an Rhinoscopy and I would like to know

Hello, my dog just had an Rhinoscopy and I would like to know the recovery time. She is sneezing and bleeding each time. For how long is she going to bleed?
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Sorry about the wait.

These dogs will typically sneeze and bleed from the nose for 24-48 hours after the procedure. Usually we'll keep them 12-24 hours at the clinic to watch them and make sure the bleeding is under control.

We do warn owners that they can still sneeze/ bleed for another day or two. keeping her quiet and preventing her from getting too excited and getting her blood pressure up is the best way to stop it. You can use slight pressure on the nose, but often dogs refuse this and get more worked up. Just letting them relax in a crate usually does the trick to stop it.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.