Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 30+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I was at work, and my relative were here with my new puppy,

I was at work, and my relative were here with my new puppy, my puppy chewed on the electrical chord to the tv, and yelped and stopped quickly and then ran across the room. . It has been about 6 hours now, and I just got home. He seems to be acting okay, but what do I need to check and look for? His gums look ok, he is a English bulldog, 4 months old?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

You said you looked at his gums, did they look red at all? Any blisters in the mouth?

Did you look at his tongue?

Will he eat Kibble without balking?

Does he seem to be acting normally?

Is he having any problems drinking his water?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

His gums look like a pinkish color, I do not see any blisters in the mouth. HIs gums have black along the bottom but it looks to be a normal coloring of the gums. He is eating ice, and he is eating his dog food, mixed with rice because he has had some upset stomach from where he was on the farm with the breeder. So the vet said to give him rice mixed with food. His food is the blue sensitive puppy and it is 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup rice, and he ate it just fine. He has been drinking and chewing ice. He seems normal. I was at work, and they just told me when I got home. It reallt scared me. I don't see any blisters. Ir on tongue or anything

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

What we are looking for is possible burns in the mouth. Most of the time if this does occur they will heal on their own if not bad. I would like you to keep an eye on him to make sure he is willing to eat, because that would be a sign that there is a problem. Check his mouth again later and just look for a raw area or blister. If you see that then a Vet visit would be in order. Most of the time, if minor burns no care is needed other than monitoring him. If he stops eating, drooling and seems painful in the mouth, then a Vet visit would be warranted because they may need to give an antibiotic at that time. It sounds like he is not feeling any pain which is good. I would just monitor him for now. Please let me know if you have further questions. I will check back in on him tomorrow. Joan

Joan, Vet Tech
Experience: Vet Tech for over 30+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan