Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.
75966804

Our 6 year old pug came in from outside yesterday and my 11

Our 6 year old pug came in from outside yesterday and my 11 year old son said something was wrong with her. He said she was shaking and seemed like she was having trouble breathing. He went to pick her up and she yelped when he touched her belly. She wouldn't eat that morning but since has been eating. She just seems like she is walking more gingerly and doesn't like to be handled like she usually does. She has been sleeping fine and I haven't seen any breathing problems but she just isn't herself. Her belly feels hard to me but she does let me touch it. She usually has her tail up but her tail is down and she just seems mopey but not necessarily in distress. I don't know the last time she had a bowel movement as we have a fenced in yard. My husband lost his job so we don't have money to take her to the vet. but we love her dearly. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Does she get bones, rawhides or people food?

Have you seen her trying to vomit or doing any coughing?

Does she ever eat non-food items?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She only gets regular dog food but will eat anything that hits the ground. She has not vomited so far. 2 days ago I did see her and our other pug eating something on the ground but the other pug hasn't gotten sick.

Hi, this is Dr. Linda. A hard belly, walking gingerly and reluctance to be picked up all suggests that Maggie may have strained or sprained her back. If there is no vomiting & Maggie wants to eat, try some baby aspirin ( low dose aspirin ) , or a quarter of a regular strength aspirin 2-3 times today & let her rest. No playing or jumping and see if she feels better in 24 hours. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I could see that being the case. If she doesn't feel better in 24 hours we will bite the bullet and take her to the veterinarian. Thanks very much for your help. I will try the aspirin and see how she feels. You are right. She won't jump up or down from the couch or tray so what you're saying really makes sense. Thanks again for your help!

You are very welcome. Let me know if I can be of any more help.
Dr Linda, Veterinarian
Experience: I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.
Hi, it,s Dr. Linda. How is Maggie doing today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Linda!
Thanks so much for following up! Maggie is back to her own springy, loving self I am happy to report. The aspirin did help her when she wasn't feeling so great but she is just fine now. It was very reassuring to be able to "talk" with you and get help. It means a lot to me that you would think to check back in on her.
Jennifer

Hi, it's Dr. Linda. I am so glad Maggie is better. Please remember the aspirin was just a "band-aid" and her back can act up again. Try the aspirin again if necessary, but if things are not getting better, please see your veterinarian. Thank you.
Hi, it's Dr. Linda. Hope Maggie is still doing well. Please do not forget to rate my response so I may receive credit for trying to help. Thank you.