Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

How much Benefiber should I give my 22lb beagle?

Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

Well, since it is a complementary therapy, it reallly depends on how Maggie responds to the fiber supplementation.

Most vets would simply say to start with just a teaspoon or two in each meal to assess for improvement.

Metamucil for Pets

Pumpkin for Pets (not pumpkin pie filler)

there are some more specific directions for adding other fiber supplements above. Thought you would like to have those references as well.
Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Please, hold off providing your feedback rating until you have asked all your questions. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.

Hi Lorna,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Maggie. How is everything going?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Too soon to tell if this takes care of the problem. If not, our vet recommends removal of glands. She is on Baytril for 2 more weeks, but I thought we would try the Benefiber also.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not interested in a membership.

Understood.
Good Luck Lorna.
Just ignore any other requests for membership if not needed. I don't see them from my screen.

Good Luck