Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My 86 lb german shepherd got 4 2mg pills of Imodium,how worried

My 86 lb german shepherd got 4 2mg pills of Imodium,how worried should I be? Should I induce vomiting? It's been less than 1 hr dine he got them.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

As a general rule, the regular dose of Imodium for dogs (if you're giving the tablet form) is 1 mg of Imodium per 20 lbs of ideal body weight...that means that technically Dyno could get 5mgs of Imodium once every 8 hours....

So yes, Dyno got a little too much...however, it's nowhere near a toxic dose, and it's actually not even something that's even worth inducing vomiting for.

If he hasn't eaten recently, you can feed him a little bit, just so that it doesn't cause any digestive upset, but there is absolutely no worry about this.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you! He has a full stomach as I made him rice with chicken so hopefully that helps ease any possible upset.
You're very welcome!

Tell him I said, "Only puppy treats from now on!!"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was us that gave it to him, I gave him two and hubby did as well, not knowing I had already :o( Thanks again! I feel so much better.
Gotcha!!

Please do me a favor and even after you rate/accept my answer, give him a scratch for me!!