Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

my dog keeps shaking

my dog keeps shaking
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

How long has Dave been shaking?

Does he have any medical problems you're aware of?

Is is on any medications?

Does the shaking ever stop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He has been shaking for 3 days he is very healthy and is not on any medication, the shaking does stop

Any injury you're aware of?

Does he seem in pain?

Is he eating/drinking/urinating/defecating normally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no injury, he does not seem to be in pain...he was sick today...first a lot and then just yellow bile....he seems happy enough...he has not eaten today..

Thanks for the additional informatioin Dee. I really appreciate it.

It's hard to say for sure what is going on with Dave.

Shaking in a geriatric dog can indicate things from discomfort from things like arthritis to organ damage and even nerve problems.

If he were only doing the shaking, and had only been going on for a few hours, then I'd tell you to go ahead and montior things...however, since it's been several days and now he's also doing some vomiting this morning, I really have to recommend that he gets seen by his regular vet for a quick check up.

They may want to do a little blood work to ensure that his organs are in good working condition, and may want to do an x-ray to make srue there's no arthritis or anything going on. Hopefully all it will take will be a few days of pain medicatoins to get him feeling better.