Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

I have a litter of chihuahua puppies they are 10 days old and

I have a litter of chihuahua puppies they are 10 days old and I have have just noticed that the runt is not holding his up like the others. They just started moving more the lady few days. He also seems to be flipping himself on his back. I have a great vet and will be taking him in when he returns in 2 days. Any idea in the mean time??
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

It's actually very common for the runt of a litter to be delayed when it comes to large muscle movement.

There are many reasons that it could be lagging...the fact he's just smaller...the fact that he may not be getting enough nutrition (if the other puppies are keeping him from nursing as much as they do), he could have been injured accidentally by either the littermates or the mom, or it could be that he's simply being a runt and not as strong as the others.

As long as he's eating and drinking normally for the most part, and as long as he's otherwise moving around, is urinating and defecating when mom stimulates him, and doesn't seem to be in distress, then I'd just monitor him until your vet gets back into town.

If it turns out that this is just a simple case of a runt being a little slower to grow, then it should resolve on it's own as he gets older.