Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

Hi mt=y 7 year old Maltese has a lot of jelly type tumors on

Hi mt=y 7 year old Maltese has a lot of jelly type tumors on her tummy and feet, she is eating , and going out to play, but at times her skin and eyes go very red, si this caused by pains, my vet said as long as she is eating and is going outside to pee she is ok, I do not want to keep her alive if in pain, but the thought of losing her is tearing me apart, my Frencxh vet gave her 3 months almost 4 years ago, but the vet I have now, said if she is ok leave her, , but recently her eyes goi very red and so does the skin
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Fifi.

Well, a few things to address.
First, pain.
If concerned that her quality of life is being altered by pain, then you simply request from the vet a trial on a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and/or pain medication. If she improves, then you know the medication must be helping. If no improvement, but at the same time, she is exhibiting no other pain, you are in good shape and your vet is correct.

But, what about the inflamed eyes? That is concerned and likely she is a bit irritated.
My suggestion: Request the vet does a simple eye stain test, just to ensure no corneal injuries like a scratch is present. Simple.

Eye Stain Test for Ulcers

If the eyes are okay, that enables the vet to safely prescribe a antibiotic/steroid drop. That will quickly help to alleviate inflammation in the eyes.

Skin inflammation can sometimes be induced by allergies. So, if Fifi is chewing or licking herself a lot, especially if licking the feet, make sure to mention that to the vet, as a course of antihistamines or a oral anti-inflammatory may help the skin.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Please, hold off providing your feedback rating until you have asked all your questions. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX take Fifi to the vets tomorrow, I wish iw as in the States as I know they would have removed the lumps on the surface of her tummy, they are soft jelly type lumps, her tummy is covered and now she has them in her feet. she does not whimper and runs around the garden, but I know the ones in her feet must get to her as she licks them a lot.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Doctor Andy, I have been to see the vet, and she said if Fifi was in pain she would not eat and the going hot and red in the skin and around the eyes could be something totally different, she asked me to take her temperature twice, once gently holding the thermometer to the left towards the bowels, then right, and call her with the results, So I will do that. and see what we can find out, I personally still think it pain causing her to go hot and red, but praying it is not, I am emailing your first reply to me, as I told her I wrote to you, and felt better after your message.

Many thanks agan

Warmest regards

You are very welcome Marie.
I wish I could do more to help out.