Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  24 yrs. experience in dog training and behavior, pet first aide and therapy dog evaluation. Member of PAS Animal Response Team.
3570977

Urgent due to the recent poisioning i was giving my cat some

Urgent due to the recent poisioning i was giving my cat some tuna canned in water. When my mini aussie who is very quick woofed it down. Is tuna in water canned harmful to dogs???
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Sally G. :

Tuna is not harmful to dogs as long as it was not a sandwich with onions on it but it may upset his stomach since the dog is probably not used to getting it

Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience: 24 yrs. experience in dog training and behavior, pet first aide and therapy dog evaluation. Member of PAS Animal Response Team.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jd,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sock. How is everything going?

Sally G.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is so nice. Sock went to er for tests then our regular vet near lax on the day of shootimg. It was a 7 hour visit round trip. They gave her allergy and steroid shot and anti biotic an donut collar to keep her from licking her feet ulcers and her ear infection. She learned in 24to hours to scratch her ears and lick her feet with donut collar on. Guess they didnt want to use a cone like Elizabeth collar but she needs it or her toes will have to be amputated. One toe lost flesh at end long ago cause doctor missed infection of yeast. She will eat cheese but fussy and eats stuff once rhen snubs it. Worry she will stop eatting all together. I tried babyfood soup cottage cheese. Only repeat eats American chrese as treat. Having hard time eatting and lathargic sleeps alot. Blood test normal but calcium slight up by. 5. I cant get the foot spray on her and ut has to dry an hour toxic but i heard betagen was good but she lays around til spray then off she goes so i can get a spray on her especially a toxic one that needs an hour to dry. She hard times for sock.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
They make a good E collar called the comfy cone. I loved it for my dogs so you may want to look into that. They also make one that is like a neck brace, but she may be able to reach her front paws with that one. The donut I tried and found it to lose air. but I have giant breeds and their heads are pretty strong. Hoping all is well for her soon

This is sent as an information request so you are not prompted to rate again. If you need my help in the future you can request me by name and ask that the question be held until I am online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a comfy collar but cant figure out what size they say small is 12.5 cm medium 20 cm. But is that from around the dogs neck like a collar or what????
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
you would measure the dogs neck like you would a collar or measure the the collar itself to get a point of reference. the good thing is the comfy cone can be pulled a little tighter around the head part if needed