Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

DOG THROWS UP HIS DOG FOOD

DOG THROWS UP HIS DOG FOOD
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

How long has Mach been doing this?

Does he seem to do it more in the morning or the evening?

Does he seem to eat fast?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MAC THROWS UP MOST OFTEN IN THE EVENING

SOMETIMES 10 KIBBLE BITS OR SOMETIMES JUST A LITTLE LIQUID... I MADE HIM EAT SLOWLY MANY TIMES---NO RESULTS

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Because this has been going on for quite some time, my first thought would be that he's got some sort of regurgitation problem that is caused either by something out of whack in his digestive tract, or possibly from a doggy form of acid reflux.

The first thing I would do would be to call your vet and discuss it with him to see if he thinks there's anything in your pups past medical history that could be causing this to happen. If it turns out he has something like acid reflux, they'll be able to get him on some medication such as Prilosec to help get the vomiting to stop.

While you wait for the weekend to end to call your vet, try not allowing him to free feed. Meaning, don't leave food out for him all the time. Give him timed feedings, where you put his food down twice a day and allow him to eat for 15 minutes or so, then pick the bowl back up. Of couse, allow him to have access to water all day.

You can also try giving him his food spread out on a baking sheet, instead of in a bowl. If he's vomiting because he's eating too quickly, then spreading the food out will force him to slow down to eat.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I HAVE FROM TIME TO TIME HAD HIM INGEST TUMS OR ROLAIDS NO RESULTS

PLEASE REVEIW THANK YOU,

SOMETIMES HE DRINK WATER BEFORE DURING AFTER MEALS. HE WILL ONLY EAT IF I SIT DOWN AND WAITS FOR ME..... HE IS ALWAYS AT MY SIDE

PLEASE REVIEW. THANKS BARRY

Hi again Barry....the reason the Tums and Rolaids didn't work is because they're used for acid indigestion...heartburn....your dog would need something that works on reflux, like Prilosec.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTION

THANK YOU, LOVE.

BARRY RICHTER

You're very welcome Barry!

Please do me a favor...even after you rate/accept my answer, please keep me updated on how Mac is doing.