Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My newfoundland has a hanging blood filled nodule under his

My newfoundland has a hanging blood filled nodule under his front leg. At first I thought it was a blood filled tick, because where it stems from is not very big. What could this be?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

How big would you estimate it is?

Any idea how long it's been there?

Does it seem to bother him at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's bigger than a great northern bean. I don't know how long it's been there, they're hard dogs to totally brush in one sitting. He's such a calm dog ,it has always been hard to tell if something is bothering him.

Thanks for the additional information Sue.

From your description, it actually sounds like this might just be a little blood filled skin tag.

If it were painful or if it had ruptured, then I'd be more worried, but since it's still small and doesn't seem to be causing him any discomfort, I don't think it's anything too serious.

That being said...I'd keep an eye on it for a few days or week. If you notice it getting bigger, or if he becomes uncomfortable when you're touching it, then it's something that you should have your vet take a peek at...just to be safe...but I suspect it's just a benign tag.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you,

At first I thought it might be a big tick, But after looking at it closer I knew it wasn't.

Sue

You're very welcome Sue!!

Have a great Sunday, and give him a little scratch under the chin for me!!
Hi Sue,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tanq. How is everything going?

Lisa