Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

Hello, My two year old lab was lightly sedated today so

My two year old lab was lightly sedated today so the vet could look down his throat. His larynx was irritated and Rimadyl was prescribed and an antihistamine. Now 4 hours from out vet visit my dogs legs and feet are cold. Is there a cause for concern? Thanks.
Hello there. My name isXXXXX As long as Gus is able to get up and walk around without much of a problem then this is not much of a concern. It would not hurt to make him get up and move around just for a few minutes every hour or so until bed time. But otherwise as long as he can move all four normally and appears comfortable then I would just monitor at this point and time. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Pleats do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. He has been groggy all evening. I did make him try to run around a little and took a brief walk with him. I appreciate your help.

You are very welcome. He should be back to normal by morning.