Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

Hi, my mini poodle, 5 months just drank vodka and chocolate

Hi, my mini poodle, 5 months just drank vodka and chocolate martini on ice, what can I do
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear that Sami is trying to get herself into trouble. The good news is the amount of chocolate in the martini will not cause harm for her. The alcohol may leave her slightly intoxicated so monitor her for any dizziness, stumbling, or vomiting. Otherwise this will wear off in the next few hours. You may see some loose stools or upset tummy in the next 24 hours since this is something her tummy isn't used to seeing but it should clear on its own. I hope this makes sense and I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Whitehead, She is acting just a bit more hyper but we are trying to keep her calm. I was starting to panic, I wanted to be sure if I should get her to the hospital or not. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me feel safer. I will keep a closer eye and not leave things she should not have unattended again.