Ok, thank you for the prompt reply.
The symptoms that you describe are very concerning and I do believe he is more painful than he is letting on. There are various conditions that can lead to these symptoms, including trauma to the tempero-mandibular joint, dislocations, infections or abscess and even muscular disease. There is one condition in particular called mandibular myositis which is an inflammatory disorder that effects the muscles of the jaw only and in the acute stage, can present just as you describe. It often occurs on both sides, but can be unilateral or one-sided. If that is what Tyson is dealing with, it is best treated sooner versus letting it wait for a couple of reasons. First and most important is the pain factor which can be pretty severe. Second is that as it progresses, the inflammed muscle can change to scar tissue and then it becomes and irreversible problem in which they cannot open the mouth.
Here is a link with more information about this disorder. LINK HERE
You can apply cold packs to the swollen area if he will allow and I would definitely continue to offer soft food and liquids to keep him nourished and hydrated. If there is any way possible, I would not suggest waiting for another 2 days before having him seen since if this is the muscle disorder I was describing, the sooner you can get a diagnosis and begin treatment, the less lasting and irreversible effect it will have. I would not offer any over the counter medications for pain that you may have access to as many are not safe and may limit what your vet can offer, namely steroids if they are suspicious of masticatory myositis.
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you.