Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

I took our lab mix dog to a groomer a week ago who emptied

I took our lab mix dog to a groomer a week ago who emptied her anal glands during her bath and she has displayed "limp tail" ever since. She tries to wag her tail but it wags slow and she does not hold it up as usual. She is normally a very enthusiastic wagger. She doesn't seem to be in pain and has been able to defecate normally. What are my options?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that Phoebe is having some trouble with her tail. Limber tail/cold tail is not something normally associated with expressing the anal glands. It can however be caused by bathing in water that is to cold or to hot so having happened right after the groomer I would be more suspicious that this is the cause.
Here is some additional information

This can last up to two weeks and normally resolves on its own, however, some dogs will require anti inflammatory medications.

As long as she does not seem painful then I would keep an eye on her and limit her exercise until the tail returns to normal. If the tail becomes painful or does not start showing improvement then I would have the vet take a look to see if medication is needed and just to be sure this is limber tail and not an injury to the tail or spine.

I hope this helps and she feels better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to continue.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Phoebe. How is everything going?