Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

i have a 14 year old hound, the last 2 time i have taken him

i have a 14 year old hound, the last 2 time i have taken him to the vet he has had a seizure in the vet lobby. this last one was 4 days ago, he not eating much and last night he spend most of the night wanting outside or just looking at me. he is just not acting normal.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Dr. G. :

Hello, my name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Dr. G. :

I am sorry to hear chevy is not doing well. Has he had seizures for a long time or just recently?

Customer:

the only 2 i know of has been his when i took him to the vet. i have taken him to the same vet for the last 12 years. i take him in about every 8 week to get his toe nails done. i know he is old, this morning he is doing a lot of pacing

Dr. G. :

I see. The seizures are very alarming. Given his age, the seizures are most likely due to a brain tumor.

Dr. G. :

Unfortunately, there is no way to diagnose this without an MRI. And even with a diagnosis, there is no treatment for a brain tumor except supportive care for nausea and vomiting if that pops up

Dr. G. :

Your vet can give you some steroid medication which can help to make him a little bit more comfortable, and can give medication to reduce the likelihood of more seizures in the immediate future

Dr. G. :

Do you have any questions for me?

Customer:

ok, i just want him to be comfortable,

Dr. G. :

I think steroids may make him very comfortable

Dr. G. :

it will increase his appetite and increase his comfort

Customer:

thank you for your help

Dr. G. :

you are very welcome. Please feel free to reply back with any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience: Private Practice Veterinarian
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.
Hi Patti,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Chevy. How is everything going?

Dr. G.