How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gabby Your Own Question
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 12155
Experience:  DVM for 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Gabby is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 50 lb 4 month old rotti I believe ate 4 sudafed pe pills

This answer was rated:

My 50 lb 4 month old rotti I believe ate 4 sudafed pe pills within the last 3 hours. He is very energetic and nothibg seems wrong however I am concerned. I called the vet andthey stated to call poison control which costs $50 that I dnt wamt to spend if I don't absolutely have to. Should I induce vomiting
Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg is the concentration and main ingredient right? If it is not then let me know.
So, if that what he ingested, you should not expect toxicity problems. Toxicity would be expected if he ate 10-15 tablets.
I hope this helps.
Poison control now charges $65.
Did that help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are correct about the active ingredient and dosage. From what I found of chewed up packaging, he only had 4 pills. If 10 is considered toxic, he should be ok. Thank you very much

You are very welcome. If he ate 10 tablets, or more, signs of toxicity would be vomiting, excitement, seizures, rapid heart rate, abnormal heart beats, and muscle tremors. Just thought I would mention the toxic signs.Smile
Dr. Gabby and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you