Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

my dog died wed his gums were white his tongue was white he

my dog died wed his gums were white his tongue was white he was having trouble breathing did get my dog to the vet fast enough my heart is boken my vet never said why.

Dr. J. :

Hi, I am very sorry to hear of this.It would be nearly impossible to say what your little guy died from. But certainly, I am very surprised that your doc did not offer any suggestions or information to you. When a dog dies, all the signs above can be present but if I had to give you a medical guess I would bet it was cardiac related and possibly something like cardiomyopathy especially since he went so quick. This is a type of heart disease that can be silent and then come on very quickly and cause death very quickly. Again, I am very sorry to hear of you loss. I see that you are currently offline but please feel free to come back and post any questions that you may have and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. I have an appt to see at 3pm but will check back as soon as I can for any questions you may have. I want you to feel better about this and feel informed and know that someone definitely cares about your loss. Sincerely, DRJ

Customer:

my dog was only 7 yrs old I called the vet early in the morning but he wanted me to bring him in 3 hour later. My Buddha was sick two weeks ago with runny stool lasted about a week then my other dog got it I thought maybe it was some kind of virus. he was having a hard time breathing . when I got home to take him to the vet he had already passed. there was no stools or urine that came out? what does that mean?

Dr. J. :

The fact that there were no stools or urine that came out might mean he was dehydrated. If he was having trouble breathing I still think that you were probably dealing with a cardiac /heart issue. That is the most likely cause in a dog with those signs. The reason I suggested cardiomyopathy was because he was so young because that can strike any dog of any age. I will check back to see if you have other questions. Sincerely, DRJ

Customer:

thank you so much for some answer for me I am so hart broken over my Dog. he was my protector. thank you so much I got closer from you. thank you thank you.

Customer:

I got closer from you thank you so much, it really has been very hard on me, he was my protector I always felt safe with him. he really will be missed. Anita

Thank you so much for the wonderful rating. I am truly sorry for the horrible experience you had. I am very sorry for you loss. If you ever need any other help, don't hesitate to contact me. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Thank you for the wonderful rating. And please feel free to contact me in the future if I can be of help to you. Just ask for Dr. J Again, I am very sorry for your loss!
Sincerely, DrJ