Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My dog also was neutered on Saturday and it is Monday and he

My dog also was neutered on Saturday and it is Monday and he is still bleeding and drip-like. Scrotal sack is very large and dark. my female is in heat and he is going crazy; much more mean andaggressive aggressive than before the surgery. What should I do?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Can you estimate how much blood you're seeing?

Was he neutered at a regular clinic or a spay/neuter clinic?

Do you have somewhere your female could stay for a few days?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
At a spay.neuter clinic.blood is more so now, seeping and dripping.
Thanks so much for the additional information. I really appreciate it Roxanne.

Since he was neutered at the spay/neuter clinic, I suspect that they did a scrotal neuter...meaning they slit his scrotum and removed the testicles that way. Because of that, there can be dripping for several days to up to a week after the surgery, especially if the dog isn't staying still...which it definitely sounds like he's not.

It's actually a common misconception that neutering immediately stops behavior or that a male will immediately stop being interested in females after neutering. It can take up to 60 days for all the testosterone to get out of the body, which is what triggers the drive to mate. Additionally, since he is an older dog, he may always get worked up by a female in heat because he's older and knows what that scent is all about.

At this point, the best thing to do is to try to eliminate his contact with the female. If there is someone who can take the female for a few days, this will help. He should also be confined to that kennel except for when he needs to be taken out to go to the bathroom. Confining him will help bring the swelling and dripping of blood down and will help speed the healing.

I Know you're in a tough spot with him, but confining him and removing the female will go a long way towards helping.