Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Dear Dr. Fiona, my dog has dry nose, light pink tongue and

Dear Dr. Fiona, my dog has dry nose, light pink tongue and flesh above teeth. She her mood is really bad, she is very lethargic and she gets tired fast. Tends to sleep constantly and breaths more loud and less peacefully than usually. Her appetite is decreased. and body is very warm. Have you got a clue what could it be? :( She is 2-year-old weimaraner female. Best regards, Tea
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately Dr Fiona is not about at present but my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I will be very pleased to work with you today if that is OK and I will try my best to answer to your question to your satisfaction.

However to enable me to do so with accuracy I need a little more information, so before we start can you please answer the following ...

1. How long has this been going on?

Then give me fifteen minutes or so to think things through, prepare an answer, and type things up. I will then get straight back to you and we can talk things over.

Regards,

Scott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am glad to have an opportunity to talk to You. Unfortunately I am not able to answer Your question. I came home two days ago while I was absent for 6 days. (in that time friend of mine took care of my dog and haven't noticed anything strange). So the minimum is two days.

Hello again Tea and thanks for the quick reply,

Sorry to hear about Abigail's problem, however I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think ...

What you should do, just to be on the safe side is have a vet check Abigail over sooner rather than later.

I say this because : While the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet I would say from the fact that she has less interest in food and water and is very lethargic and feels hot that it is possible that she is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be by far the most common cause of these symptoms in a dog of her age group.

I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if Abigail is indeed running a temperature, but you should be aware that other diagnosis are also possible.

In the meantime until you can get her to a vet all you can do is to keep her comfortable and reassured and try and keep her eating and drinking if possible ...

I am so sorry I cannot safely give you any more specific advice via the internet.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX, thank you for such a quick reply. I am going to take her to the vet in an hour. If online, could you please clarify to me does the light pink tongue and gums fit into grip?

Hello again Tea,

Glad to talk this over with you further ...

Well a lighter colour of the tongue or gums could indicate some degree of anaemia or it could just be due to an elevated temperature and her just feeling generally unwell. However whatever is going on seeing the vet so soon is by far your best option, good decision ...

Regards,

Scott
Hello again Tea,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. I will get back in touch with you in a couple of days to check on Abigail's progress.

Kindest regards,

Scott

If I can ever advise you at any future point then you can contact me directly via this LINK
{ Please bookmark it }
Hello again Tea,

I am just getting back in touch to see how Sally is getting on.

How did things go?

Regards,

Scott