Theresa
Theresa, A Voice for Your Pet
Experience:  19+ years experience in small animal medicine
1484153

hi there, Here is my sad story....My blue tick heeler will

hi there, Here is my sad story....My blue tick heeler will be 6 years old this month. She is a burst of energy and healthy. yearly check ups etc. A week ago she went to the farm with my husband for the first time and she came back very tired. That night my husband gave her half of an ibuprofen for joint pain. She peed in the bed. The next day she was very lethargic, not eating and occasionally had body shakes. On wednesday we took her to the vet. the vet said that her lab results came back with an elevated kidney enzyme. I am very concerned!! She has been drinking and eating a small amt of people food. The vet said she would run some more tests and maybe bring her back in on Monday. Curiously what your thoughts are. Is there anything else I can be doing???

Which kidney values was elevated and do you know the number?

Any vomiting?

Is Keelah drinking?

What type of people food are you feeding?

What color are her gums?

Is she urinating well?

Was there a urine test performed?

What treatments has your vet already performed?

Is she on medications currently if so what are they?

Do you know what the additional tests are?

Thank you

Theresa

Hi Heidi.

I hope that Keelah is feeling better. I pretty much only asked your questions about her condition but didn't receive a response to those. I really want to be able to help you further with your baby. You should still be able to respond to the questions listed.

Theresa