Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

my 14 year old pitbull got into some chicken bones about a

my 14 year old pitbull got into some chicken bones about a week ago. If there were going to be problems from them, would they have manifested by now? She has just got a fluid filled sac under her jaw today.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

After a week, I suspect that you're out of the woods.

Rarely we do see problems after that, but since she has had no issues thus far, I'm tempted to say she's out of the woods.

Of course, that doesn't mean you should completely let your guard down...If you notice anything unusual with her in the next several days, then it may warrant a trip to the vet, just to be safe, but as long as she continues to remain as stable as she is, I don't think there's going to be a problem.

I hope this helps.