Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My puppy feel out of my arms while I was varying her on a chair

My puppy feel out of my arms while I was carying her on a chair but she feel thought these wooden holes that are on my chair. I didn't see how she feel but maybe about 2 half feet on tile will she be okay she is fine now playing biting everything....?

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about this little girl's fall. Is she acting otherwise normal at this time. Is she walking and playing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yess she seems fine
That is good Karina that she is acting otherwise normal at this time and walking / playing well. In cases of falls like this, the biggest problems are usually fractures / leg injuries that are very obvious right away. If she was limping or not bearing weight on a leg, then the possibility of a more serious injury would be a lot more. With playing well and biting and chewing on everything, then it would seem that all should be good with her situation. The chance of an internal injury or brain injury at this time out would be very, very unlikely with how she's acting.

I know it is scary to see one so little take this fall and thoughts immediately go to worst case scenarios, but I would feel very good with her situation at this time. I would try to keep her quiet for the night and let her rest. I would continue to feed her as you normally do.

The big things to watch for to indicate any thing more serious would be weakness, collapse, seizures, limping / non-weight bearing, and breathing harder than normal. I would be very, very surprised if anything serious came about from this.

I want to help as much as I can. I know this has taken a little time to get through. Please let me know if any further questions have been created by this. I'm hoping that she does well!