Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My 2 dogs are suffering from fleas. I have Revolution on them,

My 2 dogs are suffering from fleas. I have Revolution on them, I have sprayed and vacuumed and shampooed all carets, upholstery both in the house and in the car. The dogs are basically house dogs. Anything more I can do to end their suffering?
I am sorry to hear about your dogs.

Capstar, a pill, is safe to give orally with the Revolution. It only lasts 24 hours, but will kill all the fleas on a dog.

If Revolution is not working, I would try another monthly product like Frontline, or Advantage, or the new collar Seresto. They are expensive, but last 8 months and are supposed to be very effective.

For their itching, antihistamines like Benedryl and supplements like fish oil can reduce itching and inflammation.

The fleas hatch in the environment, not on the dog, so you have to use a flea spray in the house with an IGR (insect growth regulator) to help control new fleas.

Please let me know what else I can answer or help with. Kindly rate my answer, if I have answered all your questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your answer. While I was purchasing my flea spray at Pet Smart this week I overheard customers say that Frontline wasn't working either. I have been giving Benedril 12.5 strength. Should I up that dosage?

How much do they weigh? The dose of Benedryl is one milligram per pound, 2 to 3 times a day. A 25 pound dog gets 25 mg, for example.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kodi is about 35 pounds, Daisey the yellow lab is about 50 pounds. I will increase the dosage. Thank you so much for you kind assistance.

You are welcome! I would start Daisey on 50 mg and Kodi on 25, 2 to 3 times a day.

If there is anything else, let me know.

I hope I have answered all your questions, and earn a good rating for my answer! I will be checking back, to see how they are doing.

Thank you for the great rating!

And for the Bonus! Much appreciated!